Steve Howe - Quantum Guitar CD (album) cover

Steve Howe

4 stars I wonder why so few people review Steve Howe's solo efforts - most of them are excellent prog albums. And this is the case with Quantum guitar. This album is all instrumental and electric - that's about style. It's not that I dislike Steve singing - I accept it, so to say, but instrumental music is his strongest point. The album is very even and it's hard to name the best and worst tracks. All of songs are at least memorable and have a catchy melody. In my opinion, the first 2/3 of the album are slightly better than the end. The first track is a cover version of a Ventures well-known song. And, finally, the mood of the record seems to me rather optimistic.
Yurkspb2 | 4/5 |