Queen - News Of The World CD (album) cover

Crossover & JR/F/Canterbury Teams
2 stars I remember back when this album came out, many of my friends just loved it. I could never understand that. After the disappointing "Day At The Races", I wasn't expecting anything spectacular, but this album was a continuation of Queen heading in the wrong direction.

The best I can say about this album is that it's not Queen's worst effort. It opens with the two best known songs on the album, the empty headed anthems We Will Rock You and We Are The Champions. And it just goes downhill from there. While the pop and rock songs that fill this album are pleasant and inoffensive, they just aren't memorable.

2.5 stars.