Emerson Lake & Palmer - Black Moon  CD (album) cover

BLACK MOON

Emerson Lake & Palmer

1967/ 1976
2 stars "Black Moon" is the return of Palmer with Emerson & Lake. But sure this album isn't a Prog album. The style is various from Classic Rock to AOR to a strange fake Prog (in "Closer To Home", that is only a Romantic Classic Prog and in Prokofiev's rearranged version of "Romeo and Juliet"). In this moment I listen to "Better Days" and I remember this New Wave(!!!!!!!!) song as radio hit... This album have also good song, I think to "Black Moon" or "Affairs Of The heart", rather than "Close To Home". But I think that the magniloquence of Emerson (remember "Tarkus" or other 70's compositions?) was lost on the way, in the sense that there is no trace of it. This is bad. (Because if present is not good but if Emerson magniloquence is not present is still worse!).

So, if you since an album of Classic Rock... or better, an album of POP by a great Prog band I think that "Black Moon" is good. Vice versa I think that "Black Moon" is not a good album. But serious and honest yes.

1967/ 1976 | 2/5 |