Anubian Lights - Naz Bar CD (album) cover

Anubian Lights

Psychedelic/Space Rock

1 stars I was checking out this band because I'm a curious guy and since they are listed under Space Rock which I usually like I was thinking it could be something decent. But what a disappointment after listening to it. During the first spin I couldn't find anything interesting for me and put it aside (in a more or less "crap folder" on my harddisc). After some time I remembered it and gave it a second chance. And still the same impression as before. A sort of more sophisticated techno music mainly done on digital instruments. Actually guitar, bass and drums listed in the line-up are hardly evident. At times they mix the techno loops with Latin American dance music like Mambo, very often there are hypnotic spoken vocals, but anything that could hit a progster's attraction. Really far far away from the good bands in this sub-genre like Ozric Tentacles, Pink Floyd or Porcupine Tree. I would say only interesting for Techno freaks who are looking for a bit more sophisticated dance music. No way for more than one star!
hdfisch | 1/5 |