James Labrie - Elements Of Persuasion CD (album) cover

ELEMENTS OF PERSUASION

James Labrie

zazi22
4 stars I don't understand the people who gave one star for this album. They say it's not progressive enough and crap like that, but who cares? Why do you want to stereotype everything, why compare this album to DT? Sure it has similarities, James LaBrie likes the style of DT - he's the singer - so it is natural that he writes stuff that is similar to that. What I really like on this album are the well-written songs, edible song structures, catchy vocal lines, standout guitar playing, rock solid rhythm section and a modern feel.

I wouldn't say it's progressive in a sense of song structure, but it's progressive in a sense of sound and feel. But who gives a fuck about progressive or not, it's just a great record with great songs performed by great musicians, with lots of musical information on it (it's worth studying). It's good to listen to it, I'd say I like it more than DT. Four stars!!!!!!! Time will tell whether it's essential or not...

| 4/5 |