Gentle Giant - Octopus CD (album) cover

OCTOPUS

Gentle Giant

voliveira
3 stars Another mediocre album of Gentle Giant.

Sorry, I can not stand this band.I not know if it is the fault of the singer (who, again apologizing, has a horrible voice) do not know if it is the use of strange instruments to my lay ears (I've already apologized?), the fact is that Gentle Giant is a band that is too complex for even their so mim.Neither the commented vocals are so good(except in a few moments where they really shine )

.Actually "Octopus" is superior to "The Power and the Glory" (perhaps the worst album I've ever heard.) Like "The power ...", only one track stands out:" The cry for everyone",which has some other good riffs.There very good moments on the album as the vocals of "Knots" and the introduction of "Dog's Life. " Overall, though, this album is quite weak.Really Gentle Giant is not for me.

voliveira | 3/5 |