Can - Tago Mago CD (album) cover

TAGO MAGO

Can

Krautrock

The Truth
4 stars I was born... And I was dead...

Much in the same vein as SaltyJon's review, I don't know how to explain why I love this album. Heck, I can't even explain why I couldn't hardly get through first listen yet second listen it clicked with me in a strange way.

I suppose it's the purely hypnotic nature of the album that I love.Can knows how to lock yourself in your own subconscious it seems to me. The playing is magical, the guys hit the right tone in every second of the album and Damo Suzuki's voice is adds another layer to the dense sound the album has.

Didn't like it the first time? Give it another spin, you'll be hypnotized!

4 stars, possible five star canidate, will have to give more listens.

The Truth | 4/5 |