Magma - Mëkanïk Dëstruktïẁ Kömmandöh CD (album) cover

MËKANÏK DËSTRUKTÏẁ KÖMMANDÖH

Magma

Zeuhl

Theriver
5 stars Who will enjoy this album?

Hard to say??. Zeulh fan of course and they probably have it already. But as well being a classic of the genre anyone who wants to discover Zeulh. This is so far the best album of that category I have heard. Even so it is a difficult album to get into and not everyone may like it.

What do we have here?

A music very hard to describe especially if you never heard any Zeulh before. Rich, dense, intense album. The recipe of that music: almost omnipresent choral feminine vocals lead by the male crazy inhabited voice of Klaus Blasquiz on an instrumental "magma" of what we could call a power electric jazz-rock. The overall sound like a mix of Carmina Burana and John Coltrane. The tempo is obsessive, aggressive, martial and no breaks are given. The rhythmic section, the drum of Christian Vander and the bass of Jannik Top keeps the band going.

The music sounds orchestral and will resonate in your head even once the album over.

Why I rate it 5 stars:

It is a love or hate it album. It took many listening before I got the rewards. This album is now one of my all-time favorite. This opus goes beyond Zeulh or progressive music in general. An experience for sure and probably a masterpiece as well.

Theriver | 5/5 |