Bj÷rk - Med˙lla CD (album) cover

MED┌LLA

Bj÷rk

arcane-beautiful
5 stars I think I've mentioned a few times that I am in fact in love with Bjork and also that she is a genius.

But besides that, I will review the last album of her's that I bought, which will complete my wee Bjork collection. And I was so happy to find this is in a second hand shop for about ú4...I was fizzing with joy.

This album is one of her most out there releases, for the album is based on...vocals...

I know it seems weird, but this mainly accapella based album...is astounding. This really is something of a higher musical calibre and is one of the most unique albums I have ever heard.

Now acapella music at times can be quite dull and not really showing any qualities, but this really does show that Bjorks voice is an instrument in its self.

Their is the odd beats and synths now and then, but the main focus is vocals.

This album also sees a slight change for Bjork, where she strays from the 10-12 track album, and also has a few interludey like moments.

1. Pleasure Is All Mine - Very eerie and beautiful. The vocals are amazing. The harmonies are very focusing. 10/10

2. Show Me Forgiveness - Beautiful vocal interlude. Shows the ability of Bjorks voice. 9/10

3. Where Is The Line - What an amazing arrangment. Just shows her genius. The beats are also very IDM. 10/10

4. V÷kurˇ - Very medieval like choral structures. Very beautiful arrangment. Simple but serene. 10/10

5. Íll Birtan - A mash of vocals & little nice noises. 9/10

6. Who Is It - The intro shows how much technical ability Bjork can do with her voice. So happy & joyful. Amazing chorus. 10/10

7. Submarine - Very eerie and interesting arrangment. 9/10

8. Desired Constellation - Nice & spacey with some nice melodies. 9/10

9. Oceania - Beautiful melodies and amazing use of vocal effects. Great lyrics. 10/10

10. Sonnets/Unrealities XI - Beautiful vocal arrangment. Very homophonic. 10/10

11. Ancestors - Quite experimental with some weird vocals. 8/10

12. Mouth's Cradle - Great lyrics. Great arrangment and use of vocals. 10/10

13. Mi­vikudags - Another vocal interlude. Very pretty and interesting. 9/10

14. Triumph Of A Heart - If you haven't seen the video of this song, I suggest you do, if your an animal lover, it will make you laugh and really brighten up your day. Amazing vocal arrangment and beautiful song. Very fun to listen to. 10/10

CONCLUSION: The mad woman's a genius...BUY ALL HER ALBUMS!

arcane-beautiful | 5/5 |