Trace - Trace CD (album) cover

TRACE

Trace

1967/ 1976
4 stars Great album by a great babd. But in my opinion "Trace" is not a masterpiece... Also if the music was masterpiece.

Aged well or not well? ...Hmmm... I do not know. Because Trace was a trio in the vein of The Nice, ELP or Le Orme but in my opinion most Rock... Too Rock and symphonic. With too organ in first line. That is OK, of course. But... Ok, but... Or maybe, in my opinion the music have too magic but not too atmosphere as The Nice, ELP or Le Orme. Not because Rick van der Linden (organ, various keyboards), Jaap van Eick (bass) and Pierre van der Linden (drums) are not capable of giving emotions, but because they have given birth too energetic and Rock compositions. Not problem, in my general view, only that this fact went to the expense of symphonic element. For me, in a correct view, "Trace" remain a good album, great I think. But the problems that I have explain are essential to my correct vision.

Production, mixing and writing are superior to the media, of course and the sound is... A dreaming sound. But, also if great, "trace" is not a masterpiece.

1967/ 1976 | 4/5 |