Jadis - More Than Meets The Eye CD (album) cover

MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE

Jadis

Trafficdogg
4 stars Since viewing the DVD "View From Above" I have sought this CD for the amazing track "Sleepwalk." With a song that good, I figured the rest of the album had to be pretty good too.

I unwrapped it and floated with delight of that first track and anticipated the start of the next. Having already heard FANATIC and being lukewarm to it, I was amazed at the difference between the two albums. While I found FANATIC to be a little quirky and a bit Pink Floydish, I found this one more creative and original. The arrangements are powerful yet gorgeous. Gary Chandler's guitar work is phenomenal and Jon Jowitt's basslines thick and imposing. It brought to mind the feel of older, more renowned groups that put out product that was both pleasing to the ear but felt to the bone when cranked out of a great set of speakers.

Jadis is not a band I wholeheartedly support but this album is one of my top 20 and I highly recommend it to fans of solid and creative progressive music.

Trafficdogg | 4/5 |