Morte Macabre - Symphonic Holocaust  CD (album) cover

Morte Macabre

3 stars I had very high expectations towards this album. Probably unreasonably high, but I was encouraged by the fact that there are two guys from Anekdoten (great band) and two from Landberk (not bad band) in this project. The album turned out to be rather dull and monotonous, with simplistic melodies and primitive arrangements. OK, it's played very well, but what else can we expect from musician of highest degree; yes, it puts you in a dark mood, but what else can we expect from horror movies soundtracks. Also there is only one track (last one) written by this impressive bunch of musicians themselves (not taking into acccount 2 mins long intro to another track, consisting of only sound effects). This last track is nearly 18 mins long, but even in a such long run there is not much variety and nothing actually breathtaking. Nothing essential, but rather dull and disappointing, 3 stars at best.
eugene | 3/5 |