Radiohead - OK Computer CD (album) cover

Crossover & JR/F/Canterbury Teams
2 stars This was one of the two Radiohead CDs I purchased (used, thankfully) after hearing many people rave about how progresive they are. I guess people have different standards. There is some prog in here, but you need an auditory microscope to find it. Mostly, this is morose, whiny alternative rock.

I actually find this album a chore to listen to. Thon Yorke's voice, at the best points, sounds a little like Ray Davies. That's good, you say? Noooooooo. Because at the same time, he mixes that sound with Neil Young's whiny falsetto. To me, it's quite irritating. And the band, while obviously talented, does not do enough to get past that disability.

As I said, there are prog elements, but very few. There is a moodiness and spaciness to much of the music, and some sound effects thrown in. But I just can't tolerate that voice!

Don't worry, Radiohead fans. I'm not getting any more of their albums.

Evolver | 2/5 |