Änglagård - Hybris CD (album) cover

5 stars My friend told me that änglagård sounds just like prog did in the 70s. I don't agree with him. Änglagård surely is influenced by those bands which created the concept progressive rock, but it has managed to create its own unique style. If I should name one that reminds me most of änglagård I would pick KING CRIMSON, because both of them are strongly influenced by classical music. Anyway, they both sound great and totally different.

It really is difficult to describe änglagård's music. I have read from bands website that they have a classically trained drummer. With good imagination you can hear the bombast of baroque in their music. There are also influences from folk music. Sometimes it even sounds like some role playing game sound track:D. It's an exciting mixture of whatever it is and you have to concentrate carefully while listening. There's no doubt that this album is a masterpiece.

Juhqli | 5/5 |