Jon Anderson - Olias of Sunhillow CD (album) cover

OLIAS OF SUNHILLOW

Jon Anderson

darkprinceofjazz
5 stars I cant believe i missed this album, I went through my yes phase some years back, I tend to return to Relayer and The Yes Album The most, I do own the Squire masterpiece" Fish out of Water ", But this incredibly haunting album trumps that Album, Am I the only one that gets a light Steely Dan vibe out of fish out of water ?

This album's a full blown symphonic masterpiece, The haunting artwork and story fit the music perfectly. The LP I picked up for 3 bucks , Really does the artwork justice, I don't think the cd size booklet would have the same effect. The vinyl was a little muddy on the bottom end, I adjusted to surround sound and dropped the subwoofer down a bit and all the colors really came through . I can not consider this a lost yes album, Because I dont remember anything sounding quite like this, why did Jon not continue this Path ? we are lucky to have this music, It will get many listens. A masterpiece.

darkprinceofjazz | 5/5 |