Emerson Lake & Palmer - Black Moon  CD (album) cover

Emerson Lake & Palmer

3 stars This is ELP`s comeback album after 12 years ( bar ELPowell, 3, ) . I must say that this could have been better with maybe Greg Lake producing but a bold effert none the less, Black Moon, Good solid track to start proceedings which in the beginning sounds like the Endless Enigma.

Paper Blood is next up a remake of Greg Lakes Ride the Tiger project with Geoff Downes and is and improvement on the former. Affairs of the Heart does now show Greg Lakes shortcomings i.e his deeper voice, but is OK.

Romeo and Juliet is missing something and I cant put my finger on it. Farewell to Arms , Burning Bridges, and Better Days are really ordinary AOR songs which should be better.

Changing States sounds like a Soundtrack to me and needed a bit help from L & P to give it that bit extra.

This leaves Close to home which I think is the best instrumental on the album and maybe the best track. But last but definately not least is the beautiful Footprints in the Snow on which Greg really shines , at least this wasn`t as catastrophic as the dreaded In Hot Seat.

| 3/5 |