Court - Distances CD (album) cover

DISTANCES

Court

Rock Progressivo Italiano

toroddfuglesteg
3 stars The RPI band Court returns with the difficult second album.

I do not know the first album, although it is somewhere in my album collection (it is not a good idea to review this one first, but I thought this was their debut..... STUPID ME). But this album comes across as a good modern RPI pastisj. Unfortunate it has little of the classic RPI sound. Instead, Court seeks their own destiny down the Pink Floyd alley. Well, make that Gazpacho because their sound and music has more in common with this Norwegian band. Then we are also into Marilion and neo-prog land. This album is more neo-prog and AOR than RPI. Add some rather medieval flutes and guitars to the sound and Court has found their own niche I would call medieval neo-prog. That does not make any sense, though......

The quality is pretty good throughout. The music is mostly beautiful and mellow. That's make this album good. My gripes (as usual) is the lack of any real killer tracks which would bring this album to another level. But I really like this medieval stuff here which balances out the neo prog. In short; this is a good album, but nothing more than that.

3 stars