Vangelis - Oceanic CD (album) cover

Eetu Pellonpaa
3 stars This is a pleasant album, presenting sophisticated easy-listening music with both very enjoyable and sadly also quite boring moments. The shorter overtures like "Bon Voyage" and "Dreams of Surf" and pretty, and "Spanish Harbour" has a nice acoustic guitar on it. I wondered with my friend, is this a real guitar or done with a synthesizer? The dullest element for me on this record were the unimaginative drum loops, which are sampled to the backgrounds of some longer tracks like "Sirens' Whispering", and they probably make this more accessible to the bigger audiences. A good album still, but not essential.
Eetu Pellonpaa | 3/5 |