Sophya Baccini - Aradža CD (album) cover

Sophya Baccini

Rock Progressivo Italiano

3 stars Sophya Baccini has had a long music career and hopefully a great future too. But this is her debut solo album, strangely enough. It took some decades for her to record and release her solo album.

It is obvious from this album that she has garnered a lot of experiences and not at least; inspirations along the way. This album has everything from electronica to RPI. It is most of all the vehicle for her voice and her creativity. Which off course is the exact reason why an artist release an album. The influences and the styles is varied, but I guess the phrase "modern rock" will fit this album best. The material here very much fits the year 2009.

The quality is good throughout. Sophya Baccini is a quality singer and her voice is excellent. In this respect, I accept some songs/pieces of music I find disagreeable. This is a good debut solo album and I hope she will do some more solo albums. I hope she will develop her own style on her future albums. This one is too many dishes at the same plate, though.

3 stars