Porcupine Tree - Stupid Dream CD (album) cover

STUPID DREAM

Porcupine Tree

Bob Greece
2 stars I haven't bought many CDs that my pop-loving friends like but this is one. I think that says it all really. Don't get me wrong - I do like some cheerful pop but this music isn't even cheerful. The CD is easy listening and the production quality is 100%. However, it's not prog. There is one track on the album that saves it slightly and that is the instrumental Tinto Brass. None of my pop-loving friends like that. If only the whole album was of the quality of Tinto Brass then it would be a 5 star prog essential. As it is, it is mainly well- produced depressing pop songs.

Strangely enough, this album is now deleted from the catalogue which means that you can only get it in an expensive second-hand version. Well, at least the CD has been a good investment! Ironically, that is probably the last thing that Porcupine Tree wanted the album to become.

Bob Greece | 2/5 |