Neal Morse - So many Roads CD (album) cover

Neal Morse

5 stars Solid live release from one of present day prog's greatest musicians. Neal Morse as usual shines with a team of unknowns (man can they play this complicated music well.) It is crazy how well this guys play this music.Anyway, Lifeline the excellent title song off his recent effort is great, lots of emotions. I'm so glad Neal finally played Author of Confusion live for recording, which is a highlight on this release. His European drummer Collin does a fine job filling the shoes of the monster drummer Mike Portnoy on this song. All the instrumentation is solid, vocals are pretty good, I enjoy the female vocals of the drummer's wife. All in all a great effort. My only slight complaint is there is too much from the album Lifeline. In my opinion that was Neal's weakest effort, but was still good. Other than that, it is worth five stars. Thanks Mr. Neal Morse!!!
AlexDOM | 5/5 |