Novalis - Banished Bridge CD (album) cover

5 stars My favorite Novalis album. Even better than _Sommerabend_. Just magical. The dynamics are utterly stunning. Lutz Rahn's keyboard work is fantastic. That organ! Wow! The melodies are very different to anything I've heard from Germany or anywhere else for that matter. Imagine a darker, more melancholic PFM and you might be able to imagine what this one sounds like. I enjoy Jurgen Wenzel's voice. There is something beautifully raspy about it. It's drenched in reverb and sounds great with this music. The English lyrics have grammatical errors, but still convey the imagery and messages just fine. I feel the band just out and out plays with more intensity and passion on this album than their mid 70s work.
| 5/5 |