Porcupine Tree - In Absentia CD (album) cover

Porcupine Tree

4.24 | 2023 ratings

5 stars "In absentia" is the second album from Porcupine Tree I heard after the excellent "Fear of a Blank Planet".And it's bright! Marking a change in sound, rom psychedelic rock of previous albums for a heavier sound with plenty of influences Opeth (with whom Steven Wilson had worked before), this album opens a new phase for the band.There highs and lows, of course, considering that the album has 12 songs ranging from 3-7 minutes.Can be noted traces of psychedelic sound on tracks like "Lips of Ashes", but when the sound is heavy, that's where I like!

One example is "Blackest Eyes".This is perhaps my favorite track from the band ever (after "Anesthetize" of course) is quite commercial, the type of music you might hear on any radio station, so what? It is powerful, and opens the album with style.

Other highlights: " Trains (this song is beautiful, I love the use of banjo in the middle)","Lips of Ashes"(great psychedelic song), "The Sound of Muzak"," Gravity eyelids", "Prodigal", "3" , "Strip the Soul" and "Collapse the light into the earth" .

5 stars for this masterpiece.

voliveira | 5/5 |