Various Artists (Concept albums & Themed compilations) - Peter and The Wolf CD (album) cover

PETER AND THE WOLF

Various Artists (Concept albums & Themed compilations)

Various Genres

Eetu Pellonpää
4 stars I got this as a vinyl copy without knowing about the content, but the numerous promising names and a funny theme for a prog LP made me to purchase it. Luckily! The late Viv Stanshall narrates the musical story of Peter and the Wolf, with major and minor collaborations of musicians like Manfred Mann, Gary Brooker, Gary Moore, Alvin Lee, Brian Eno, Keith Tippet, Bill Bruford & Cozy Powell for example.

My friend said that the record resembles like an "intelligent children's music". I guess most of us have a little (or big) child hidden inside us, so if you are interested by the works of the musicians included in this record, get it!

Eetu Pellonpää | 4/5 |