Redd - Tristes Noticias del Imperio CD (album) cover

3 stars Strange album.......

I have given this album a lot of my time recently due to not be able to fully able to make up my mind about it. Hence; not able to write a review.

Well, most of this album feels like a proto- post rock album. That is my main impression. But there is also a lot of real proto-prog and not at least; space rock in this album. Jefferson Airplane springs to mind. So does Velvet Underground too. But Gentle Giant is also present here. The Spanish vocals also gives this album a special flavour. Add some Radiohead too. Wow, this is a rather unique album.

The music is based on the vocals and with some help from tangents (organ, piano), drums, bass, electric and acoustic guitars. The music is more mellow than symphonic and bombastic.

The music is good throughout the album. There is no outstanding tracks, but no weak tracks either. It is a good debut album from a band who recorded this album during difficult circumstances. And that is all I can say about this album.

3 stars