Leb I Sol - Leb i Sol 2 CD (album) cover

Leb I Sol

5 stars This is Leb I sol's best album and one of the best jazzrock albums ever made in Europe. The standout tracks are instrumentals "Marija", "Kako ti drago", "Dikijeva igra" and the song "Talasna duzina". Here is also the band's trademark number, the folk originated "Aber dojde donke (The message has arrived)". Vlatko's soloing on "Akupunktura" is the most incredible example of shredding I ever heard, even beating the likes of Steve Vai, Joe Satriani and John Petrucci-you name it!

Keyboardist Dimushevski contributes a lovely instrumental "Uzvodno od tuge", which sounds like something taken from a Chick Corea album. Same can be said about the keyboard intro to "Marija" and it is clear that Corea's influence on Dimushevski and the entire band was big. But still their sound remains quite original and unique. That's what made Leb I Sol so great.5 stars.

Aranarth | 5/5 |