Rational Diet - Rational Diet CD (album) cover

RATIONAL DIET

Rational Diet

RIO/Avant-Prog

tmay102436
4 stars My what a wonderful surprise! I haven't heard of this group before, but thanks to Synphonic Music, I found it - and they're from Belarus, making this quite unique music in area of birth.

The previous reviews pretty much tell the tale. I would agree that there are a lot of RIO groups that do tend to (it's the nature of the style a bit) to be a bit vulgar and maybe over the top (although I like that stuff too!) This on the other hand is a beautiful combination of RIO, but the Samala Mamas influence, it makes the outcome quite unique and their own voice. Speaking of voice, this is unusual also, as there is a different style of singing between the songs (do to the fact that this represents a couple of albums I think,) but is still totally cohesive and fitting. I wish I understood the language though, as it's sung with passion and clarity.

Overall, this is a must have to me, as it comes from yet another angle in the challenging and yet "can't get enough of" music of avant guard/rock.

Thanks to those that continue to support the music industry that really produces music out of love of life and art - we couldn't hear this wonderful dreams into reality without them! And now, I must have Rational Diet's other albums! (my wife just doesn't understand:)

tmay102436 | 4/5 |