Rush - Caress of Steel CD (album) cover

2 stars Starting really great with a fabulous bass Riff, great drumming singing and guitarplay, Bastille Day is a great opener for a bad album. The first three songs are good, and very well played, but the two attempts at longer songs are totally wasted on me.

Outside the single Bastille Day, the funny I Think I'm Going Bald and the great ballad Lakeside Park, which I regard as good material for a three star album, the rest is a wankery, unbalanced, but daring attempt at something that might be described as progressive rock, but bad progressive rock excists.

Only for fans.