Yes - Close To The Edge CD (album) cover

CLOSE TO THE EDGE

memowakeman
5 stars 1411 ratings and 436 reviews so far, what else could I add?

This is one of the most recognized albums in the history of progressive rock, some even say that this is THE prog rock album, after all everything is a matter of subjectivity.

During the years I've been collaborating with this site, I've read several reviews for "Close to the Edge", and actually for a long time I thought it wasn't actually necessary to write my own review, because everything had being said. But well, now that I had the will of writing reviews for other Yes albums, I decided that I could add my grain of sand, and maybe use this review just as a simple tribute for a band that has given a lot to progressive rock, including of course this awesome album released in 1972 and entitled "Close to the Edge".

Every time I listen to this album I have the same feelings I had the first time I listened to it, and a think to myself several things: Don't you love it? ? Yes; don't you think it is extraordinary? ? Yes; do you like the complexity, the unique and own sound that the band implemented? ? Yes; do you believe that the title track gathers all the elements that one could ask? ? Yes; are you in another world, another realm while listening to such a beautiful track like "And You and I"? ? Yes; is your soul purified and excited when an amazing track like "Siberian Khatru "sounds? ? Yes; so this is a masterpiece, isn't it? ? Yes.

Yes. As you guessed, I will grade it with five stars, and I have nothing more to say. Enjoy it!

memowakeman | 5/5 |