Jimi Hendrix - Band Of Gypsys CD (album) cover

Jimi Hendrix

4 stars I am not an expert on Jimi Hendrix but Yes his music was part of the things that coloured my childhood as the local music magazine, AKTUIL, was frequently featuring Hendrix as one of best guitarists in the past. But I never put his music into the kind of ELP, Yes, Pink Floyd, Genesis, King Crimson or so called prog music. I always refer to Hendrix music was somewhat similar with the kinds of Grand Funk Railroad, Humble Pie, Moxy and the like. I was also not aware about number of albums Hendrix produced but for sure I love this 'Band of Gypsys' album which actually a live recording.

My best favorite is of course Machine Gun that really represents the best part of Hendrix in playing his guitar as well as singing. I like the way the music flows in a blues-rock nuance. The other track which is also excellent from this live set is Changes. Again, hendris plays his guitar wonderfully. Overall, in blues-rock perspective, this is an excellent record.

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW