California Guitar Trio - Whitewater CD (album) cover

WHITEWATER

California Guitar Trio

Mellotron Storm
3 stars Well I get the "Guitar Trio" part of the band name but where did California come from ? Three guitarists who are from different parts of the world including Japan, Belgium and USA (Utah).

This is actually better than I thought it would be. I mean we've got three guys playing these intricate guitar melodies and strumming away but no bass, drums or keyboards. It works though but let's face it it does seem a little one dimensional. Beautiful stuff though for the most part. In the liner notes there's a menue called "Whitewater Menue" and each dish is a song title and a description of what that meal is. Kind of weird considereing it has nothing to do with the music but it's fun I suppose. This album comes 10 years after the debut so they are seasoned pros here and everything is very well done.Tony Levin produced it.

A good album but nothing more in my opinion.

Mellotron Storm | 3/5 |