Hidria Spacefolk - Balansia  CD (album) cover

Hidria Spacefolk

Psychedelic/Space Rock

4 stars One reviewer here, Dieter Fischer in fact, downplays the significance of this Finnish band by noting that they sound unoriginal. He points out that HIDRIA SPACEFOLK sound close to OZRIC TENTACLES. While also noticing this obvious similarity, I must admit I like HIDRIA SPACEFOLK better. Their sound is heavier, more structured and without that special-effect- nonsense present everywhere in OZRICS, when every twenty seconds something whistling, buzzing, or pulsating originates in one speaker and travels to another. OZRICS have always been plagued by their lack of development (not to say originality) -- each of their albums (and even tracks!) sounds almost the same. This is my first album by HIDRIA SPACEFOLK and I hope they will escape this serious flaw of OZRICS' and show diverse music compositions in their other (later) albums. "Balansia" is highly enjoyable. Recommended for those who like psychodelic music.
| 4/5 |