Mademoiselle Marquee - We Tried To Get To Heaven But Ended Up In Space CD (album) cover

WE TRIED TO GET TO HEAVEN BUT ENDED UP IN SPACE

Mademoiselle Marquee

Psychedelic/Space Rock

toroddfuglesteg
1 stars Some music was not meant for human beings.

That was actually what I put in the adverts and flyers for the releases on my ex record label. After observing a cat roll around on the floor when I am playing this album, I would suggest that that any outlets selling this album also adopts that as a good sales point. Outlets like for example Zoo shops or rehousing of cats charities. This cat, hired as an emergency mouser after a mouse took the liberty to run over my sleeping face last night, really enjoys this music.

A quick glance at the bottom of the review will reveal that the same cat (whose name I have forgotten....... I am a bad employer) is not reviewing this album. Which is a bit of a problem for Mademoiselle Marquee. Because I do not share the cat's enthusiasm for this 93 minutes of barely audible low-fi recording. This album contains Mademoiselle Marquee's singing voice (beautiful) and some guitars and synth trying to string together something that may be considered as music. Well, I am the judge and jury and that one and I find the defendant not guilty in being a piece of music. Neither is this nowhere near being space rock. This is so avant-garde that not even avant-garde fans will find the meaning in this music. In short; the good painting/art work disguises a horrible piece of watch-paint-dry like 93 minutes.

...........But all good Zoo shops and cat rehousing charities should stock this one.

1 star