Black Sabbath - Black Sabbath CD (album) cover

Black Sabbath

5 stars This is by far Black Sabbath's greatest album and one of the greatest rock albums across any rock genre progressive or otherwise. I originally had the European version with "Evil Woman" and later bought the US version on CD with "Wicked World". Regardless of which version, every track on this album at a masterpiece level. Black Sabbath and The Wizard were the first two tracks I ever heard from Black Sabbath and to this day are the two tracks that I believe are their best. The imagery and mood that Black Sabbath sets with the opening track is unequaled on any other rock album I have ever heard and the The Wizard is one of my alltime favorite hard rock/metal tracks that I have played thousands of times. NIB is another brilliant Black Sabbath track that I never get tired of listening to. This album for me is up there with King Crimson's In the Court of the Crimson King in terms of creativity and importance as one of the most influential albums on future generations of music. Unfortunately future generations could never reach the level of artistry and musical skill that is found on this album. There really aren't enough stars for this album. Its that good.
By--Tor | 5/5 |