I Dik Dik - Suite Per Una Donna Assolutamente Relativa CD (album) cover

I Dik Dik

Rock Progressivo Italiano

erik neuteboom
4 stars The cover from this album is one of the most non-progrock covers of all time but the music certainly is prog! This is the only progressive album I Dik Dik (the name is derived from an African gazelle) made but it is an acclaimed one by the progrock aficionados and progheads. The 11 pleasant compositions sound melodic and alternating, from folky to bombastic prog. Although every musician plays very well, the focus is on the magnificent keyboard play: sparkling piano, swinging clavinet, sensational synthesizer flights, some strong organ floods and majestic Mellotron eruptions. If you like the wonderful sound of the late Sixties (warm vocals, acoustic guitars, organ) blended with the progressive sound from the early Seventies (with echoes from The Moody Blues and The Strawbs), THIS IS A CD TO CHECK OUT!!
erik neuteboom | 4/5 |