Prazsky Vyber - Prazský Výběr [aka Straka v hrsti] CD (album) cover

Prazsky Vyber

3 stars This album isn't bad. They have very good parts, but some of it can get pretty tiring. It might change my perspective if I was able to understand the language, but not only does the instrumental component get a little tiring, but also the way in which some of the numbers are sung is just overdone. I feel almost as if they are trying a little too hard on the singing. It gets irritating for me.

There are really groovy parts like the song: " Můj koníček" has a very great bass line in the beginning, but as the song progresses, the singing and high-pitched guitar riff get repetitive. I can totally appreciate the effort that was made in putting the album together, but is it worth five stars, or essential for a progressive rock collection? I don't think so.

But, I really think they are worth giving a listen. I just wish they could take the singing more seriously.

Bangabasava sounds a little bit like Police.

dubovsky | 3/5 |