Ozric Tentacles - Erpland  CD (album) cover

Ozric Tentacles

Psychedelic/Space Rock

5 stars This album is a trip. From rockin' fusion-esque tracks, to world music prog to spacey other-worldly sounds, this album has it all. It's a very unique experience listening to an Ozric Tentacles album. This is their 2nd album, and easily one of the best ones, if not the best. I feel most Ozrics album Ive heard are at least 4 stars, with a few being 3 stars, but only a couple are 5 star albums; and this is one of them.

Listening to this album is like entering another world in another universe. I feel like I am on some kind of psychedelic drug listening to this music. There is nothing here that will necessarily scare you away if you were on some "enhancements", everything is just cool-trippy and fun. I really like the mix of rock, fusion and world music, something the band would move away from in their 2000s albums for more electronic influence. But these older Ozric Tentacles albums are some real interesting works. I always get nostalgic for a time and place Ive never been to, that is how colorful and mesmerizing this album is. It's hard to really describe the music beyond what Ive already said, so do yourself a favor. If you have even the slightest interest in trippy music mixed with funky grooves and world music, and really awesome sounding keyboards and ripping guitar work, get Erpland. You will not be disappointed.

darkshade | 5/5 |