Red Orchid - Sky Is Falling CD (album) cover

SKY IS FALLING

Red Orchid

toroddfuglesteg
2 stars Oh dear........

This is another CD I won ages ago from PA's price draw and which I should had reviewed months ago too. Shame on me. I also interviewed the man behind Red Orchid some time ago and that is a good interview. It therefore pains me to write this, but.....

I was quite looking forward to an album with sitar when I put this album on. What I got was some sort of arty student type of rock with no sitar. The instruments sounds a bit shoddy and the same does the vocals. The sound is OK though. Hence, I cannot compare this to a demo recording. But music wise, it sounds like a demo. The songs are pretty boring and only half decent. There is nothing here I really enjoy. Does the world really need another half decent rock'n'roll band ? Nope. Next time; please play on your strenghts and do not copy what thousands of other bands is doing.

2 stars