Van Der Graaf Generator - Godbluff Live 1975 CD (album) cover

GODBLUFF LIVE 1975

Van Der Graaf Generator

Sean Trane
Prog Folk
4 stars 4,5 stars really!!!!

As Joren said , everything about this DVD makes a must for VDGG fans. The Charleroi concert is extremely well filmed, with an excellent sound and a very classic performance.

The first part is the concert but I will address the second part most , because this filmed in a studio performance at Belgian state TV by the usual team that also filmed ELP, Genesis , Pentangle and a few more were doing an excellent job. Theme One is just average but the stellar rendition of Lighthouse Keeper is the version that got me to like this tough but awesome epic. Before seeing this the first time in the early 90's , I really had problems with that track but seeing them performing it (well it was a VHS copy viewed in a studio with the complicity of a friend who had access to the archives) changede my outlook.

I suspect that those two tracks are also available on the hard-to-get Classic Rock DVD From The Vaults series. Thanks to Joren I got confirmation of this , so this DVD will suffice.

Sean Trane | 4/5 |