Robert Rich - Bestiary CD (album) cover

BESTIARY

Robert Rich

Progressive Electronic

Dobermensch
4 stars Do you ever wonder what on earth you're looking for, wandering about aimlessly in the Prog Archives?

I do...

But look what I just found!. An excellent album from 2001 that appears to be completely out of place, until you realise that there is some Eno similarities in the same way that chalk resembles cheese.

An ambient oddity, which is 'splodgily' different from Eno played by another bald ambient egg-head who wears specs. Entirely electronic with many beautiful and creepy moments. Splurges and bloops are used to the fullest effect and they sound great through needle sharp production.

Robert Rich was apparently a big fan of the electronic 'Cubase' programme which is quite evident here. The good thing about this album is that it's instantly recognisable unlike most ambient recordings. It has a definite charachter, sound and style unlike any other I've heard.

Never boring, always interesting. Music for a hot, hot night far, far away, from where I live.

An elegant, bright, Summery and downright unusual album from Robert Rich which sounds unlike any other I've heard from his huge catalogue. Radiant, beautiful and full of very unusual sounds.

R2D2 on acid...