Rush - 2112 CD (album) cover

2112

Rush

voliveira
4 stars THE BEGINNING OF SUCCESS

It was with "2112" that Rush began to pave the way for success in the years that would 80.Their first three albums were heavily criticized, but that is acclaimed by today.I'm surprised by the classification "low" this album here on the website (although 4.2 is a great score).

Except for the title track, all other songs have 3 minutes.Say the title track is a masterpiece is almost a crime (although there are always different opinions, of course). This monstruous 20- minute epic instantly overwhelm us since its introduction spacey, touching on the various sections of hard-rock (perhaps precursors of the progressive metal of the 90s and 2000) until his incredible final section.Each of the three members shines in his role, though I think sometimes we overdo Lee Treble (I prefer his voice in "Moving Pictures"). The other songs are average, though I have a preference for "Tears".

4 stars