Rush - Rush CD (album) cover

3 stars Having listened to Queensryche albums recently, it then triggered me to spin albums with heavy metal nuance and I grabbed this album. It's good to trace back on old albums of legendary band like Rush where specifically with this album the drummer was still John Rutsey - before Neil Peart joined the band. I only knew this album after I listened to my first experience with the band through "A Farewell to A King" - an excellent album. Musically, this album is a good hard rock band where the influences from Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple are very obvious. However, there is no single track that indicates the band's music is a rip-off at all. Some tracks with blues-rock style indicates obvious influence from Led Zeppelin. My all-time favorite is of course "Working Man" - the last track. Keep on rockin' ..!

Gatot | 3/5 |