Moongarden - Songs From The Lighthouse CD (album) cover

SONGS FROM THE LIGHTHOUSE

Moongarden

Dark Nazgul
1 stars A Lighthouse? I see only shadows.

Unfortunately, I was tempted by the artwork on the cover. I've seen it , I was intrigued and I bought this album. I thoroughly regret having done so. It is a symphonic prog with lots of keyboards and lyrics sung in an aberrant way.

I just can not digest the album in spite of repeated plays (I listen to it no less then six or seven times). In particular I find the vocals very weak, just sing badly! Also, the production and the sound does not satisfy me, with the obvious attempts to make it sound apocalyptic with the excessive use of technology, drum program sections and filtered voices (as in the suite Solaris, although the best song of the album, inspired by Pink Floyd and with a nice solo guitar).

Flesh (short piece with the violin in evidence) and the obscure My Darkside (not bad, but the vocals are absolutely to forget) are at least so-so . The rest is forgotten. I find that It's You is unlistenable, particulary the last section is very boring and the vocals are too emphatic: it seems to me Elton John playing progressive stuff and I cannot imagine something worse.

I'm sorry, I do not like it.

Rating: 2/10.