Van Der Graaf Generator - Pawn Hearts CD (album) cover

PAWN HEARTS

Van Der Graaf Generator

voliveira
3 stars 3,5 stars for "Pawn Hearts ", a good album, with some flawed moments that hinder. Peter Hamill is certainly a great singer, but his voice still breaks me sometimes.

My main problem with this album lies in the final moments of the first track, "Lemmings (including Cog) " in a jam that seems to be confused with elements of jazz-fusion that did not please me so much (seems like the sort of improvisation that King Crimson always does and I hate), and end with the epic "A Plague of Lighthouse Keepers", which in general is the weakest track, not that she did not have good moments, but overall is quite irregular. "Man-erg (the middle lane), however, is impeccable and is the best track on the album.

Like I said, 3,5 stars for an album that to me is a masterpiece