Barclay James  Harvest - Baby James Harvest CD (album) cover

Barclay James Harvest

Andrea Cortese
4 stars Baby James Harvest it's the first album I ever bought of this unique and great band. I was wise to pick up in the remastered version, because of the 10 bonus tracks added to the only 6 original (the biggest surprise is Medicine Man single version!). Anyway, the album is very good, expecially in the final coda with the magnum opus Moonwater, an impressive orchestral (60 musicians) song in a mahlerian taste. The rest of the album is completely different, but very interestin with songs such Crazy (over you) and Summer Soldier. My preferite is the fine rocky Thank You. Not at the same level of Once Again, but this 2002 edition is a must for those who, like me, adore this symphonic/melodic/prog english band!
Andrea Cortese | 4/5 |