Rush - Moving Pictures CD (album) cover

MOVING PICTURES

Rush

4.41 | 1966 ratings

Zac M
5 stars What can be said about this album that has not been said before; it is an essential masterpiece. This was my first introduction to Rush, as it was for many people. I remember hearing tracks like Limelight, Red Barchetta, and, of course, the album's biggest hit, Tom Sawyer on classic radio. The album has much more to offer than just these hits however. YYZ, an instrumental, is quite possibly one of the best loved prog instrumentals; it is not too long or pretentious, which IMO leads to its likeability.

The second half of the album includes the mini-epic, The Camera Eye, which is good, although it starts out a little slow. Next is the mystical Witchhunt; it is one of my favorite tracks on the album. The last song, Vital Signs,although it is good, is probably my least favorite on this album.

When I first purchased this disk, I was still just learning what progressive rock really was, so it holds a special place in my journey through this incredible genre of music. This album is highly recommended because it is very easy to listen to. Geddy Lee, Alex Lifeson, and Neil Peart create a album that is great for prog neophytes or people interested in the perdect mix of prog and hard rock. After this album, Rush started using more synths, and their music became less interesting, although Signals is still quite good. I really enjoyed taking the time to enjoy this album again. If you love Rush, you probably already have it, if you wanna get into Rush, this is definitely the perfect album to start out with.

Zac M | 5/5 |