Cardiacs - A Little Man And A House And The Whole World Window  CD (album) cover

A LITTLE MAN AND A HOUSE AND THE WHOLE WORLD WINDOW

Cardiacs

RIO/Avant-Prog

dubovsky
1 stars Let us start with the first song, "A Little Man And a House". There is no singing in this song, just yelling and I try to listen, but it can make one get easily infuriated to the point where he/she feels the need to destroy something with a sledgehammer. The vocals are furthermore, unbearably whimsical. I feel like the people who do like this song, not to even say this album, are forcing themselves to like it to create a unique taste.

Furthermore, there is no real playing. Why try to hide all the instruments, and just have a cacophonous nonsense? The music is inaudible, and yet, it is just a bunch of noise, and overnoisy singing, playing. I can't imagine anyone sitting down and pleasurably hearing this music in one's own leisure.

I started talking about one song, and there is no need to mention another because there is no distinction in the album. It's like saying there is a huge difference between being next to a Boeing 747's engine and f-22's engine. Same noise. There's no meticulous awareness to the authenticity of the sound that is being developed in the music.

dubovsky | 1/5 |