Steve Hackett - Voyage Of The Acolyte CD (album) cover

VOYAGE OF THE ACOLYTE

Steve Hackett

dubovsky
4 stars I will not attempt to give an overview of the history that brings Steve Hackett to this solo album, but I will say that this album is very strong.

Sounds like Genesis, and that's what I love. The buildups and shifts in the album is great. The juice was still flowing when Genesis departed, but listening to this album, you can feel that they still wanted to make some great stuff together, which is why they came back strong with Trick of the Tail.

Anyhow, Voyage of the Acolyte is definitely an album I would consider putting in any collection because of how they made it. It is not the same traditional Genesis album with all the song splits. It's very classical, and therefore makes sense when the whole thing plays as one consistent song.

dubovsky | 4/5 |