Protest the Hero - Fortress CD (album) cover

Protest the Hero

Tech/Extreme Prog Metal

5 stars In my opinion, this is by FAR the best Protest the Hero album, and one of the best progressive metal albums of all time. The technical ability of this band is practically unrivalled. They play with speed and dexterity, and constantly switch through time signatures with ease and precision. The tunes, though very heavy and complex, still manage to be catchy and memorable and they managed to be stuck in my head for days at a time. Rody Walker's vocals are very good. He hits the high notes very well, and his unclean vocals aren't overused. I consider this to be an essential album for any fan of progressive or technical metal.
Slaughternalia | 5/5 |