Gentle Giant - Octopus CD (album) cover

OCTOPUS

Gentle Giant

Zitro
2 stars An Album I fail to understand. The melodies are strange and don't captivate me, instrumentally, it is very strange and The album is painfully short.

1. The Advent Of Panurge 6/10 : A solid weird track that doesn't irritate me. The musicianship can't be described ... it is extremely unique and strange.

2. Raconteur Troubadour 5/10 : An ok track with nice melodies, and is probably the most normal track of the album. 3. A Cry For Everyone 4.5/10 : A gentle Giant Style rocker, and unfortunately it is not very good.

4. Knots 2/10 : It is an experiment, but it sounds horrible, silly, and irritating at the same time.

5. The Boys In The Band 5.5/10 : A jam with a great riff, but unfortunately the music is poor if that riff is excluded.

6. Dog's Life 2.5/10 : A weak simple track with a terrible clavichord driven section.

7. Think Of Me With Kindness 5.5/10 : A pretty good track that sounds very positive. Mellow, and easy to like it.

8. River 4.5/10 : A track with a great riff, but unfortunately drags for 6 minutes and it is strange, and somewhat confusing.

This is a very experimental medieval-folk like music in which you have to have the right mood to listen to it. It is still my least favourite gentle giant album of the ones I have, and I do not understand it at all. (I listened to it about 10 times)

My Grade : D